Friday, June 10, 2011

Isn't it amazing

how quickly things can change? One minute everyone is healthy, next minute it's 2.30am and a child is vomiting all over her bed. Just as an example.

I got all my essays finished and submitted so was very glad to see the end of this semester. Not that I didn't enjoy it; quite the contrary in fact. I do believe it has been my most enjoyable semester of study thus far. I'm very glad I did the subjects that I did, and actually enjoyed doing the assignments (shock horror what a nerd!).

We're still all ticking along here however there has been one monumental change. On Wednesday I decided to apply for a job. Just to see what would happen. I got an interview. I attended that interview on Thursday. And I start work next Tuesday. Insane!! So it is a one month temporary position and will be a perfect opportunity for me to see how I go in the workforce, and how the kidlets go at not having me here day in and day out. I'm really hoping it works because to be honest I am missing working. Not that I don't love spending time with the kids, but I have been a SAHM for over three years and am getting itchy feet to get out and do some paid work, and get into practice some of the things that I have been learning for the past 6 years.

I won't be working as a solicitor because I haven't done the required components to practise, however I will be working at a law firm and will get the opportunity to see how various different departments run and that for me at this point in time is ideal.

So I shall see how everything balances - work, family, relaxation, study. Will be an interesting experiment.

The kiddies are all doing pretty well. Mini chicks have both had the hurls, and Tabitha spent a day at home on Wednesday while the others went to school because she wasn't well and I didn't really want the rest of the daycare children to pick up what she had. And you know what? It was great to spend some one on one time with her. And I think she loved it too :) So everything happens for a reason.

I'm trying to get my head around the whole "going back to work" concept. It has been 3.5 years since I worked outside the home. Any hints would be GREATLY appreciated so feel free to put in your two cents' worth.......

No comments:

Post a Comment