Friday, August 24, 2012

First full week

as a lawyer done and dusted :)

It's fair to say I'm happy with my job. So let's not get all over the top. Back to the most important thing in my life - my babies!

They are doing amazingly.

Lexi. Well. What can I say about Lexi? She is truly a little angel. So very helpful, so incredibly polite, and a gorgeous, beautiful, gentle soul. She is incredibly excited about starting "big school" next year. Her speech is gradually improving, but still a long way to go. She still has difficulty hearing, and we have a repeat audiogram in October so hopefully they can work out what's going on, or even better, we will see the difficulties resolve. I know that is wishful thinking, but I'm allowed to do that cos I'm her mum and I want everything to be okay for her. So we shall cross that bridge when we come to it.

Tabitha is Tabitha. As per usual. Although she is, slowly, 'maturing' for want of a better word. When she tries, she is fabulous - polite, caring, sharing, empathetic, logical. When she doesn't, well, let's just say that the small child in Bewitched and she share something in common. She is doing brilliantly at "school". Just brilliantly. She has already achieved all the goals needed to attend kinder, and yet she isn't due to go for 18 months. I'm hoping that because the kinder room at daycare is a dual purpose kinder/4 y/o room that they will allow her to be in there for 2 years as she is itching to go. Just itching. And she would thrive on the challenge. Such a smart little cookie. I think that is part of the problem a lot of the time - she is too smart for her own good and gets frustrated at everyone else treating her as though she is younger than her mental age!!!

Angus is sensational. SUCH a lil man. He is just hilarious - loves his shoes, hates wearing jackets, loves having "product" in his hair, runs around like nobody's business, nearly always has a smile on his face. Not too fond of the whole "sharing" thing, but he's at that age. It's funny though, he's my smallest (not by age, but by comparison with when the girls were his age). And yet I'm sure he'll probably end up being the tallest. Poor mum will be left in the shadows as far as the height goes - they will all overtake me!

Me, I am doing well. It is amazing how what you tell yourself can change how you feel, even if nothing effectively changes. To illustrate this, imagine you constantly emailed a radio station to try and win a competition, and they never even so much as emailed back to give confirmation they had received your entry. Again and again you would be disappointed. Change the way you think and act. Stop emailing the radio station. Effectively nothing changes. You are still getting no response, but it isn't painful anymore. Wonderful the power of the mind isn't it?

And so on that note I will just say that I caught up with a friend from school today who I haven't seen for 21 years. It was wonderful to hear news of what he'd been up to since school, and to hear about his new lil man - the joys of parenthood in its true infancy. And so very much more ahead.

And to make things even better, he brought a lovely piece of pancetta as a gift for me. How very very thoughtful. How did he know......... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment