Sunday, August 12, 2012

What a fabulous weekend

Took the minis out for breakfast yesterday with some dear friends, managed to get some things for lil man's birthday party, a brief stop at Aldi yielded a sensational rice cooker for less than $10, and all the kids ate their dinner, vegies included. Add to that an early night for the kids and my getting my head around a few things and the day was great.

Today we headed out to a friends' farm for the day. And my wasn't it lovely. It was wonderful to see my friends again, and see how much their little guy has grown. And watching the kids run around and frolic and play was amazing, and made me realise just how much I miss the country and that we will, eventually, get back there.

Everyone slept the full way home (except me of course) and when we got back home we had an early dinner of beautiful free range eggs (courtesy of my gorgeous friends) and sat down together and watched the Lorax, a truly wonderful feel good "film".

And now, at 6.54pm, all the kidlets are safely tucked up in bed, I have a load of washing on, several more to go, and think I might sit myself down and watch a movie.

I am loving that we are getting out and about so much. The kids thrive on it, as do I. And it is brilliant that now we're back in Victoria we can catch up with so many people who, over the years, drifted away.

I wonder what next weekend will bring.......

No comments:

Post a Comment