Saturday, September 22, 2012

I am not a baker

and nor do I ever wish to BE a baker.

I made a Lightning McQueen cake today.

I burnt it. But that's ok because it was getting iced.

I put too much colouring in the icing and it split. But that's ok, it still kinda looked red. Ish.

So I tried to ice it. The squirty little star things didn't work because it was too runny. So I used the knife to spread it out. Then realised that I had no idea what I was doing.

But it is done. And looks like a car, thanks mostly to the shape of the tin.

The other traffic light things are done, and there are some other foodie doovas I will make up tomorrow, and we're cooking with gas.

A few lessons for the day.

1. Crayola coloured bubbles - good in theory. Bad in practice.
2. If a child falls off a seat, do not assume that they will have learned not to sit that way again.
3. No does not always mean no. If you ask your child, before entering the supermarket, if they need to go to the toilet and they say "no" do not believe them. Under any circumstance. If you do, you will find yourself not even past the deli with a child telling you they need to go to the toilet.
4. Aldi checkout chick rocks. She saw the kids arcing up and gave them lollies. I don't care. They calmed down. Thank you Aldi checkout chick.
5. If you are not a confident baker, do not bake a Lightning McQueen cake.
6. No matter how much it can annoy you that your children stay up after they have gone to bed, there is absolutely no hope for you if your 2 year old starts singing "everybody needs a thneed".

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment