Thursday, September 20, 2012

My baby is 2.

My little man Angus turned 2 today. I can hardly believe it. It was surely only yesterday he was a baby. Surely.

It has been a big day overall. This morning Tabitha got her plaster off, not before screaming the roof off the hospital mind you. But it is done, the plaster is gone, although Tabitha assures me that "it is still broken". It will be stiff and sore for a few weeks and she will need to get used to using it again, but I'm ecstatic the plaster is gone. No more sponge baths!

I took the mini ones to Maccas for dinner (their request). They had their little happy meal, then proceeded to run around the play area madly having an absolute wow of a time. We then headed home, opened some presents, played with those for a while, then had some cake (Angus even blew out the candles without much help clever lad), then more playing, then everyone into bed.

Since that time I have been dutifully getting things ready for Angus's Cars party on Sunday. For those of you who haven't caught up with it yet I have what is referred to as an "essential tremor". It means I shake. Not as much as someone with Parkinson's disease, but it is a visible and noticeable shake nonetheless. Let me tell you, it makes sticking smarties on to milky way bars incredibly precarious. And almost laughable at times. But 2 hours later and I'm done!

So there remains very little to be done for the party. Except the cake. The Cars shaped cake. Oh yes. That. Complete with "icing" guide. Something tells me he will be getting a Cars shaped cake with "Cars" written on it, rather than the elaborate form of artwork the tin tells me I should be attempting. As it is, I am not much of a baker so who knows what it will taste like anyway! I have some mini teeny cupcakes as well - well, I will have by then - so if all fails with the cake, kids always love cupcakes.

And just for something different I'm tired. I'm wondering how long I can truck along like this, doing it all alone with only the odd smattering of help every month or so. My guess is indefinitely. Why? Because there really is just no other option. That's why.

It was so lovely to receive so many wishes for a happy birthday for Angus from so many family and friends. A little disappointing not to receive the same from others, however I can't change others and how they feel, nor do I wish to. For the impressions people have been given, whilst in many cases false, are their own, and I would have as much hope of "changing" what people think as the sun does of catching the moon. So I just continue on with my life, knowing that it is inevitable that the truth will show itself.

On a side note, BBQ rib flavoured chips do not taste like BBQ ribs. I think that is a blatant case of false advertising. In fact I would go so far as to say that ALL meat flavoured chips simply miss the mark. Surely there must be someone who wishes to research this most pressing of issues a little further and get our chips to taste like meat. Surely.

And on that note I shall flee. I seem to be in here a lot less often than I actually intend to be. It is the fault of the interruptednet that I have been somewhat scarce, as it has decided, of its own accord, to disallow me access from various different things at various different times. I guess it is just trying to keep me on my toes. So I tiptoe away and hope this post actually succeeds.......

No comments:

Post a Comment