Sunday, April 10, 2011

Mum,

you have a big bum. Oh yes, they are the words you long to hear your 2 year old say. I can't begin to describe the feelings that went through my mind when she said that. I was, at the time, crouched on the floor playing with mini dude, with my butt unceremoniously wagging in the air, making it look ever bigger, but it's always comforting to hear those words 'out of the mouths of babes'.

We had a PJ day today. Everyone stayed in pjs all day. I did have a shower this morning (one thing I do try and do every day just to retain sanity) however was slothing in "house clothes". I think it's nice to do every now and then. The girls certainly seem to get a kick out of it. We did a trial run of Lexi's birthday cake today - a strawberry cake. And I'm an idiot. Because I tried a piece. Ah well, it was nice, but the mix had a half cup of milk in it and since having Angus I just can't seem to handle any milk at all, whereas before I could have a teensy bit, as in if it were in a cake in the proportions of the cake we made today it would be fine. No longer though. Lesson learned. And I will no doubt stuff up again, cos I do. You do tend to forget things like that. When it isn't outwardly evident at first glance (even if you have made it yourself) that there is dairy in something, you eat it, enjoy it, then hours later realise what it is that you have done and wait for the lactose intolerance to wreak its havoc upon your unsuspecting body, and then a few hours later, and a few kilos lighter, you vow never to do it again. But you will. Cos you do.

Do you ever have days when it doesn't matter how many times you say something it falls on deaf ears?? Well, today was one of those. And the thing is the things I am saying are not purely for the joy of depriving the kids of joy (not that that is a joy but you know what I mean) but to protect them. Say for example if I am getting the cake out of the oven and ask them to stand back. I ask them this so they don't get burned - not to deprive them of the joy of seeing a cake come out of the oven (joy is the word of the day in case you hadn't realised). So yes, it was one of those days.

We have school tomorrow (thank god) and that means I can get the house cleaned up (hopefully in the first hour or so after dropping the kids off) and then get stuck into these bloody essays. I managed to get the first one in, albeit working under extremely ordinary circumstances what with being sick as a bloody dog and all. But it got submitted, and hopefully will pass and even do ok. We shall see I guess. The next couple are not quite so simple and I will need all the time I can get. So I'm going to try and focus. Doesn't help that I forgot to order coffee in my bloody online shopping order which arrived this morning. AND it arrived at 8am. On the dot. Great you say? Well no, not really. I had requested the 9-11 time slot. And when I mentioned this to Mr Delivery Man (who, coincidentally, did not speak English terrifically well) his reply was "I came early". Typical male I guess.

Anyway, the shopping arrived, that was good, I could then bake. And make myself sick. Sensational.

Hmmm, not exactly positive so far is it.....let's change that shall we. How. Hmm. Tabitha was wanting cuddles and repeatedly saying "my turn" while standing in front of me. Lexi then saw this and tried to jump in. I said to her "no darling, Tabitha needs some time too, you had lovely cuddles with mummy before, it's Tabitha's turn now". Lexi's reply? "But I want lovely cuddles now!" Ah so cute.

Angus has two teeth. And more on the way. He's been not very happy today, wrenching at his little ears and generally pretty unhappy with the world. I wouldn't be surprised if more teeth surface in the next week or two. Or month. That's the problem with teeth. They can teeth for what seems like an eternity before one shows up. And even then the little bastards can go back down again. Brutal. I maintain babies should be born with all their teeth.

I should really go to bed. Angus is obviously going to sleep through his 10pm feed, given that it is 10.30pm. Athough what's the bet that as soon as I lie down he wakes up..... them's the breaks hey. And if you assume they will wake up that's when they don't. I have mentioned assumptions on several occasions....

So for now I might try and get at least half a zed and see how I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment