Friday, March 4, 2011

Coughing

went on all night last night. I'm not so happy about it, and I'm tipping Lexi wasn't either. After the horrendous sleep we had I knew I had to take her to the doctor, particularly after having seen her throat yesterday and today, and seeing what I thought were enormous tonsils. As it turns out it was not tonsils I saw (so I am told) but just her throat, plain and simple, swollen to all buggery.

We haven't been here long enough to have organised a GP. So I phoned a few places and was told they were booked out, so had to chance it at the walk in clinic. We arrived at 11.15am. If I told you what time we were eventually seen you would be amazed. An hour later? Two? Three? And then some. Ridiculous. One person phoned after I had been there 2 1/2 hours and was told there were 59 people in the queue. Absolutely ludicrous.

So we shan't be going there again. Not unless there is absolutely no other option, and if there is no other option I'm tipping we'll go to the hospital so yes that shall be the last I see of that place.

Today was results day. I'm happy to have a little blow on my own trumpet and say that of the three subjects I have studied so far in my masters degree, I have achieved three HD's. These are high distinctions, given when the marks are 80 and above. And do you know what? I bloody deserved those marks too!! I worked my ass off every single night, depriving myself of sleep and putting my all into it. Why did I work so hard? Because I finally discovered the area of law that makes me smile. I knew I would. And funnily enough, being that I'm fairly keen on this whole blogging thing, and I don't mind the odd flutter over facebook and the like, the area that interests me is internet law and electronic crime, as I do believe I have mentioned before.

So anyway, I was pretty pleased with myself. So tonight I'm having a wine, or possibly even a gin and tonic, and watching American Idol with said drink in hand, smiling to myself and also outwardly, contemplating the future and hoping that little miss Lexi has a better night tonight and that the coughing I can hear coming from Tabitha's room is caused by her swallowing the wrong way. Otherwise things are gonna get reeeeally interesting.

2 comments: