Tuesday, March 15, 2011

It is one thing

to feel loved by your family. They are your family and no matter what happens odds are they will love you and you will feel loved.

It is another thing entirely to feel loved by your friends. In particular it is moving when said friends do something so out of the blue, so thoughtful, that you are literally lost for words. That happened today.

I have many 'groups' of friends, some in real life, some in the online world. Some I am friends with because of shared interests, others I am friends with because of sharing pregnancy and baby's birthdays/months with. The latter group, those with whom I became friends purely because I was pregnant with Angus at the same time they were pregnant with their respective little bubbies, surprised me today. One of these lovely ladies, who since moving I now live only a few minutes down the road from, popped around today with two envelopes, addressed to me. One was a voucher for a haircut, and the other a voucher for a pamper session at the day spa. Both things that I am usually hesitant to do for myself because my needs usually come last, but both things that I both need and want. And I was literally speechless, and for me that is really saying something.

What beautiful people that, knowing that things have been a little rough lately (to say the least), decided that I needed something to spoil myself.

I still can't believe that these sensational chicks, most of whom I have never physically met, would go to so much trouble to organise this for me because they thought that I would like it, I needed it, and in their words that I "deserved" it. Mindblowing. Truly mindblowing. And at the same time so incredibly heartwarming.

What have I done to deserve such a generous gift? The thought that went into it, the organisation required that so many chickies all put in to make it happen. They did that for me. For little old me. And it isn't even my birthday.

I am truly such a lucky person to have friends like this. I still just cannot find the words.

Ladies, thank you. From the bottom of my heart and the very depth of my being. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment