Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I feel like a schmuck.

For the last five nights I have been waking DD1 half an hour before she has her usual night terrors, in the hope of "breaking the cycle" and meaning she doesn't have the night terrors. For the most part it has been working, in that when she does wake it is usually quite a bit later, and she is only distressed for a very short time.

Tonight I forgot. And she had a shocker. A real shocker. And she is still unsettled. And I feel horrid.

Such a little thing, to just wake her for a tiny moment, and I couldn't remember to do it. Yes, I was feeding Angus so was a little preoccupied, but it's a pretty important thing and I can't believe I forgot.

And so I'm just gonna sit here and beat myself up about it for a bit because I feel like a crap mum and hate that my actions (or rather inactions) made my baby suffer.

No comments:

Post a Comment