Sunday, March 13, 2011

They say time flies

when you're having fun. And they're right, whoever "they" may be. You get swept up in the moment, laughs and fun turn into more laughs and more fun and before you know it the event has passed and you are sitting reminiscing over what a fabulous time it was.

Conversely, it should be said that time drags when you are not having fun. The proof of this is in the pudding. This last week of all three children and myself being sick has actually gone for a year and a half. However there is light at the end of the tunnel, and no, that light is not a train. For the constant stream of goobies that has frequented the nose of all of the munchkins seems to be running a little drier than previously, the coughing is more spasmodic and less continuous, and there are far more smiles than frowns, which is refreshing to see.

This morning marked the end of a very long phase of our lives. For the past three months Tabitha has been teething. The canines have been sitting perilously close to the edge of her gums for quite some time, causing countless sleepless nights, and much discomfort and pain. Last night was the veritable straw that broke the camel's back, my feeling a complete nervous breakdown threaten to shut me down around 2.30am. Ridiculous as it may seem, the fact that another of my friends was also up at that time (ah the beauty of facebook) made it okay. Not okay, but okay. And not that I want others to be suffering sleeplessness as well, but it made me feel as though I wasn't the only one in the world going through it. So I toddled off to the screams again with a slightly renewed level of energy.

Today mini chick was horrid. I mean evil horrid. Like possessed horrid. Screams like the screams of the damned, chordal in nature, piercing to the point that windows hundreds of kilometres away had to jam themselves harder up against their frames to avoid shattering. That kind of thing. And clingy. Very very clingy. That said we were in a strange environment amongst people with whom she is not terribly familiar, although some more so than others, and she just wasn't feeling the best. Thankfully she slept on the way home, and later that afternoon it seemed as though a switch went off, and there you go. Tabitha was back. And knowing that which I know and have known over the past three months my first thought was to check her gums. And lo and behold I was right. I was bloody well right. There, poking through the gums like the first new shoots of spring, were two tiny little white dots. The sharp, nasty, bastardish tips of the canine teeth. So that marks the four having finally come through.

God help me when the two year old molars come in....I think I'm going to need an exorcist.....

No comments:

Post a Comment