Wednesday, January 5, 2011

And away we go

to Victoria. We're all flying down for Mick's sister's wedding on Friday. It will be wonderful to see everyone again, but there is always the hesitation of a) how the kid's will go on the plane and b) how the time change and place change will affect them. So I am crossing everything that things go okay.

Angus slept through last night. Till 6 this morning. I was rapt. He grumbled and groaned around 3am but resettled. Sadly Tabitha also grumbled and groaned and more aptly actually cried from then and didn't settle so in my fatigued state I gave in and gave her a bottle at 4. Meh, there are worse things I could do.

I do wonder if the kids are all going to sleep through on the one night. It has happened once before. Only once. It was pretty cool to be honest.

I currently feel as though I have been the food source for 1000 mosquitoes. I am covered in bites. I was watching a tv show yesterday, actually I think it was the news, and they were talking about mosquitoes that they have bred that contain a certain bacterium that will stop the spread of Dengue fever. So many thousand of these little Dengue fighters are being released into the "wild" with the hope that they mate with the disease spreaders and their little mosquito babies will be born with the bacterium. Interesting stuff. And then I saw that several scientists are heading to Antarctica to study climate change in regards to how long and in what way the ice reforms off Antarctica after an incident such as that which has occurred with an iceberg smashing the coastline (or something, I wasn't really paying attention). These scientists are massively excited. Very very excited. And I thought isn't it interesting how different people are excited by different things. Me, well, anything my kids do gives me a thrill and KFC always floats my boat. But some people enjoy studying geometry. Some enjoy studying geology. Some enjoy rowing. Some don't. It's just funny, the different minds of people lead to different pleasures.

The same goes with food. I absolutely hate fruit. Why? It isn't the taste. It's the texture. Apricots - furry little buggers. Peaches - much the same. Apples - feels like you're taking a bite of that oasis stuff they arrange flowers in. Bananas - mucus. Pears - much like apples with a hint of uber squishy chucked in there. Now I don't mind most of these fruits in muffin form, so it isn't the flavour. It's the texture. I also don't like gritty things - cous cous, polenta, all that. I do however like rice. Not gritty you see.

Today is the last time I will write for some time....well, I don't actually know how long it will be, but I feel it is safest to say it will be a few weeks. For I'm off away from the mugginess of Queensland back down to Victoria, where extremes of weather replace the humidity and heat of Queensland. So we'll see how that goes shall we.

And think of me this evening with the three little munhckins on the plane and just hope they travel well. Thanks for that. Much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment