Monday, January 3, 2011

It is quite annoying

when you get a song stuck in your head. Singing along to nothing while doing the dishes or driving. It needn't be a song you like, it could be a nursery rhyme, a theme song to a tv series, anything at all, stuck, not moving, repeating, incessantly.

What is worse than getting a song stuck in your head is when you don't know what song it is that is gently rammed into your grey matter. No words, no idea, just a melody. And that melody is random such that even singing it to someone would bring you no closer to finding out the true identity of said melody.

So I sit here, underneath the air conditioner, thinking about moving but not really being able to be bothered because we had no power for three hours this morning and I'm still physiologically recovering from that, with a tune coursing through my head over and over, tormenting me, teasing me, yet remaining anonymous.

And what's the bet I'll wake up at 4 tomorrow morning, sit bolt upright in bed and say "AH HA!". Or not. I would really like to know what this tune is though.

Angus is trying to roll. From his back to his stomach. I don't know why he's so hell bent on doing so considering he isn't the happiest chappy on his belly. He is getting much better and whereas initially 1 or 2 minutes was enough to do his little head in, now he can manage up to 15 minutes without spitting the dummy. Not literally. He doesn't have a dummy. None of my kids have actually. They work for some people, that's fine, I just wasn't really keen on the idea. Just another thing you have to wean them off down the track, another thing to get lost, another thing for them to freak out if they lose.

Lexi started off having one soft toy in her cot. Emmy the Elephant. Emmy was then joined by Emmy Mark II courtesy of a wonderful friend who tracked down the elusive soft toy. It was intended that Emmy Mark II would replace Emmy I because of the funkdom of the original having been chewed and sucked on and slept with constantly (even though constant washing took place it just wasn't enough to keep Emmy clean looking). After Emmy I and II came Eddy. The Baby Bjorn. See I'm so original with names for soft toys that we have a hippo called hippo, a rabbit called rabbit and a frog called frog. So you see I thought to myself these little baby bjorn dolls need names. And it just so happened I had finally watched that Twilight movie, so the boy and girl twin baby bjorns were duly named Edward and Bella, however I didn't want it to be obvious that I have no imagination in toy naming, so Edward was shortened to Eddy. After that came Violet. Violet is another elephant. She is Violet in colour. As I said, I am incredibly original in naming soft toys.

Now, I had a point. If only I could remember what it was. I'm sure I will. It'll come to me at 4.01 tomorrow morning after the name of this damn song pops into my head.....

No comments:

Post a Comment