Sunday, January 2, 2011

Every decision

I make is made with the best interests of my kids first and foremost. How it affects me, well, that is secondary.

My kids are my world, and they will always come first. Always.

And sometimes decisions are hard. Incredibly hard. But the pros and cons list in your heart tells you what you need to do and, well, there is nothing more you can do. You do what is best for your children. For that is the hardest part of motherhood. Doing things that it nearly kills you to do because you know, in the end, it is best for the children.

They are, without any question of a doubt, my world. And I will do everything in my power to make sure they have what they need, and what is best for them. Even if it means I suffer. Because I am a mother, and my heart is my own only after it has been once, twice, three times, someone else's. My heart belongs to my children. My life is my children. My entire world is my children.

And any mother will agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment