Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Homemade bread

made into toast and spread with plum jam is a lovely breakfast, and probably a lot better than coffee, Red Bull and Coke. I must say though I did have a coffee and a Red Bull prior to having the toast. But I haven't had a Coke so surely that counts for something?

Tabitha is a thief. So far this morning she has stolen half of Angus's bottle and half of Lexi's breakfast. She had her own breakfast, the exact same thing as Lexi had, however she decided she didn't want that, she wanted Lexi's. So like the little stealth monster she is she waited until Lexi went off on one of her million trips to the bathroom to wash her hands, hoisted herself up onto a chair, and proceeded to polish off that which Lexi left behind.

I'm going to take down the Christmas tree today, and I think it will be the last time I use that Christmas tree. And I think perhaps the last time I use those decorations too. Why? I'm not quite sure. I've had the same tree for about 7 years now, and the same decorations for that amount of time and I just feel as though I need a change. So they'll get put on with the rest of the stuff I'm clearing out of the house in my garage sale. Facebook seriously rocks for stuff like that. Actually it rocks for a lot of things, one of which is people working from home. Now I'm all for people wanting to go back to work if they desire, however there are many people who just want to look after their children, and I am one of those. However sometimes we seek a bit more than just mummydom, not to mention some cash would be handy, and facebook is seriously a brilliant way of allowing stay at home mums and dads to remain that while making some dosh on the side. Sensational. Me, well, I'm not really doing anything more than the lazy person's ebay.

Anyway, my toast is finished now and I'm oddly still hungry. It was very nice, I think that's why. Plus I never eat sweet things and it had jam on it so I'm experiencing new things. Oh, I did eat sweets when I was pregnant, but as a general rule they're not my cup of tea. The girls' toast looked so nice this morning though that I had to make myself some too.

We had pizza last night. Satay chicken it was. And very nice. Funny thing happened though....Domino's actually rang ME. Yes, they did. I had put in my order online and Mick went to pick it up. Then Domino's rang to let me know they had no feta. Mick is violently opposed to pineapple on pizza so our supreme we amended such that there was feta in place of pineapple. So when they said they had no feta I said that's fine, don't worry about putting anything extra on then. They didn't. They also didn't worry about removing the pineapple. So when Mick got there and saw pineapple on the pizza and reminded them that we requested the pizza 'sans' pineapple, they said it would be 40 minutes for a remake. Um, that would be a no. So we only got one pizza. And a cheesy garlic bread. It was very nice, but I did want the supreme as well. I told Mick he shouldn't have paid for the pizza because we didn't in fact get our entire order. He's a little more lenient than me I think.

Squawking is occurring at an increasing rate which I should probably investigate. I'm seeking baking inspiration today. I would very much like to clean out my pantry and to do so I need to rid the containers of all their contents, so if you have any suggestions I'd be more than happy to hear them.....thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment