Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I went to bingo

last night. I feel very old going to bingo, but to be perfectly honest with you I love it. I get little heart flutters when I only have one number left, and when/if I win I go off like the veritable frog in a sock. I get very excited about little things. I won a $25 chicken voucher at the leagues club a few years ago and you would have thought I'd won a jackpot. Ah well, better than getting no joy out of winning!

I finally got into a pair of my pre-pregnancy pants too. Anyone that has had a baby will know that there are pre-pregnancy clothes, pregnancy clothes, and stretched to billy-o tshirts and shorts and trackies for the very end. Or moo moo like dresses. Tents. Massive clothes to fit over the enormous bumps our children create in our stomach. Now I hadn't worn these pants in quite some time so was pretty impressed when firstly they made it over my hips and secondly when I was able to do the button up. Do not assume for one minute however that because the button is done up the trouble is over, for the zip can do a great deal of damage, even if the button is done up. Just a handy hint to remember there.

I have mentioned that Lexi has a fixation with washing her hands. Well, it's still going. Now she is keen on using soap too. Again these are not bad things, and it's probably just a phase. Actually I'm pretty sure it's definitely just a phase, because when I was cooking yesterday and she wanted to help I told her she couldn't help unless she washed her hands, and she chucked a tanty. Interesting. Washes her hands 50 times a day and then the one time she needs to she doesn't want to. Ah well, funny little mind.

I asked her what she wanted to wear yesterday. What did she choose? A fairy tutu, wings and a wand. Now I didn't buy these for her, they were a gift for her 2nd birthday that have been living in the cupboard because she has had no interest. But the fairy phase appears to have now arrived. And I must say she looks adorable.

Tabitha I tried to get into a dress again. Tabitha my beautiful little princess that screams and runs away if she even so much as sees a dress let alone puts it on. However I was pretty adamant that I wanted her to wear this dress, even just to get used to having a dress on. After a small amount of carry on I finally managed to get the dress on her, and 5 minutes of carrying on and crying and whinging became normality as Lexi must have cast a spell on her with the fairy wand. So we had a fairy and a little princess in a beautiful blue dress. Lasted about 20 minutes, but that's 20 minutes longer than usual so I'll take it.

Santa had to wait, we didn't quite get there yesterday, but it was a very good practice run. And I guess the nappy bag is now packed so that's one less thing to do tomorrow when we do go see the jolly fat red man.

I really need to get my backside into gear and get these gingerbread cookies made. I don't recall ever having made gingerbread before. I've made a gingerbread house before but it was prefab in the box. Not quite the same. It's just like making a pavlova using one of those little eggs "pavlova magic" or whatever they're called. Good end result, without the slog, but sometimes the slog is what makes it fun. Sometimes.

I will have to make a start on the next two assignments as I'll be missing a chunk in January when we head down to Victoria, a trip about which I am very excited. The weather here has been nothing short of ridiculous and I can't wait to escape it, even just for a while.

I had a great deal of trouble waking up this morning. Angus did his usual wake up at around 4.45am, but Lexi had been up at 11.30pm and I hadn't yet got to sleep after the huge excitement of my bingo outing (which by the way was unsuccessful), so I didn't get to sleep til after 12. 4 and a bit hours sleep is not enough. Not at all. So I'm going to have a coffee now. A strong one. And have a think about what we might do today.....

No comments:

Post a Comment