Friday, December 3, 2010

Nice weather

for ducks. I never quite understood that saying. Yes, ducks swim, but why is it that they must love the rain? If I were a duck, which quite obviously I'm not, I don't think I would like swimming out in the rain at all. I'd forever have my head tucked under my wing, as you see them do, and wouldn't be getting a lot of swimming done at all. A nice sunny day on a still lake, well, as a duck THAT would be my kind of day.

We've had a lot of rain here this wet season, and it looks like more to come. The last 24 hours it's been thunder city. Thunderbolts and lightning, very very frightening me Gallileo Gallileo. Sorry, went a bit Wayne's World there.

Just a word of warning - if ever at night you are just a bit too tired to pack up the toys the kids have left out resist the urge to say to yourself it's okay I'll do it tomorrow. Take that five minutes and clean them up then and there, because the star from a Tupperware shape-o ball is very unforgiving at 2.30am.

I wonder if mr grocery delivery man is going to be able to get here. It seems to be that every day I have a grocery delivery scheduled it is literally bucketing down. Perhaps it knows? Or maybe it's just cos it's wet season. Either or, I feel sorry for the delivery man. Last time's fellow was game...he actually jogged up to the front stairs across the grass holding the box of groceries. I could almost see him going for a full on slip and slide and wearing the things he was carrying. It didn't happen, but my mind saw it. In fact my mind had a bit of a chuckle at the sight of it, but it's okay cos in my mind he also didn't hurt himself.

I'm on day 2 of no Coke. Sad thing is when I woke up this morning I laid in bed for a second and thought Coke, no, I've given it up, lucky I have Red Bull. And it was then that it hit me that the Red Bull is on the grocery order for today. So I don't actually have any. Yet. But I will. Later. So I'm on my third coffee.

It is my goal to get this essay completed today. I must I must I must. It isn't due for a few weeks but there is another essay due on the same day, as I believe I have mentioned, which is so lacking in words it may as well be mute.

Chocolate crackles this arvo, and I might even make a loaf of bread too. I still need to find a pumpkin bread recipe. Or raisin bread. I wonder if I can make my own raisin bread....surely I can. I don't like raisin bread. Well, I do, but not the raisins. Kind of defeats the purpose. I like the spicy cinnamony kind of taste the bread itself has, just not the squishiness of the raisins. It is much like Garfield. I picture the cartoon where Jon Arbuckle, in one of the squares, says Garfield loves his raisin toast, I've been giving it to him for breakfast every day for 2 years. And he goes over to Garfield who has a drawer open full of little dots and Jon asks him what it is and he answers that it is 2 years' worth of raisins. There was a point to that. Oh yes, I don't like raisins in raisin bread.

Angus's little Christmas tshirt arrived yesterday. Some lovely friends from kiwiland sent over some outfits for Angus when he was born that were personalised, and I loaded a photograph up on to the facebook site of the company that made them and he won a tshirt!!! It's pretty cute. I'll make sure I take a photograph.

Must away, noiselessness. Disturbing. Always makes you wonder.....and there is always reason to wonder....

1 comment:

  1. I love the way your head thinks, from one point to the next!
    Great read!

    ReplyDelete