Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Waking up

in the morning is sometimes difficult, particularly if the night before involved a very restless 17 month old up and down for a great deal of the first part of the night followed by a 2am wakeup from a 3 month old who had completely wet through everything, and is just growing out of 00 and into 0 so you haven't quite sorted through all the clothes yet so need to fuss through the drawers at 2.01am to try and find another sleepy suit for him to wear even though you are fully aware it took you nearly 10  minutes to find one in the first place in the light only hours earlier. Hmmm.

So the wakeup for the morning was at 5.45am. At least I got a little sleep in. So fed little man, then little miss woke up at 6, I got her up and changed and got her a bottle, which saw Lexi wake up and come out to say g'day. Once Angus settled back down it was shower o'clock. I try and always have a shower in the morning. It does help to refresh you for the start of the day. Every now and then it physically isn't possible to work it into what the kids are doing but 9 times out of 10 I manage it.

So in the shower, kids are in the bathroom singing and carrying on, as they do, we use that time for singalongs and whatnot, and aside from the fact that the kids love it it makes sure that they can't get into too much mischief, because I can actually see them.

Getting OUT of the shower was the dodgy part today. Drying myself, talking to Lexi asking her what she wanted to wear for the day, and out, from underneath my towel, falls a 15cm long centipede, wiggles along the floor and then crawls into the wall cavity. Sensational. I can not even begin to describe the emotions I was feeling, not to mention the fact that instantly I was sure there were more so grabbed the kids and piffed them out into the hall before madly searching through all the towels to make sure no more of the little buggers were stashed in there. This was no mean feat with my long wet hair draped over my eyes, and me dripping wet in the altogether. What a sight.

Anyway, today I'm going to go mad and clean this place like nobody's business so there are NO possible hiding spots for these horrors. Well, I will at least minimise the spots they can hide. In my towel though, seriously. I'm so annoyed. How dare it. I find that really rude.

I do wish Tabitha would stop drinking Angus's bottle. She's like a scavenger. I literally put the bottle down and she whips in and out before you can even blink and see she is now sucking on whatever is left in his bottle. She could have a FULL bottle, yet still she wants Angus's leftovers. I try and stop her as often as possible, purely for the fact that she really doesn't need that extra milk, and on top of that I like to keep track of how much Angus is drinking, and when she swoops in and swipes the bottle I don't get to see. So I will now have to look at the level in the bottle prior to putting it down, and try to avoid putting it anywhere mini chick can get to it. Common little thief she is. This morning I said to her "did you drink Angus's bottle?" and she said, with an insistent tone "nooooooooo". I then said "I think you did" and she laughed at me. Cheeky bugger.

I suppose I should make a move if I want to make this place seem less like the centipede Hilton. Not that I would have thought in a million years a centipede would have thought that, however apparently they do. Perhaps it's all the rain we've had. Can't say I have seen a centipede in years, particularly one that large. Although I don't make a habit of being that close up to them either.

Ew. Yuck. Seriously. I mean yuck. Disgusting. I am so not a bug person.

No comments:

Post a Comment