Sunday, December 12, 2010

Tonight

was the Christmas party. It was starting basically almost the same time I usually get the girls ready and into bed, around 6.30pm. But, well, it's a once a year thing so no harm in it right? And so I got the girls dressed in their glad rags after their bath, and all was good. Although time was dragging, for all of us, because there was obvious excitement there. I had shown Lexi the machine the pig was being roasted on (one of those rotisserie jobbies), and we had heard the music being tested in the afternoon and there was much excitement.

And so around 6pm I decided I should put on some makeup and get myself ready considering the girls were both dressed in their gorgeous little outfits. Stupid stupid stupid. Why did I think that was a sensible thing to do?? Put on makeup you mean? No. Get the girls dressed so early. Well, while I was putting on my makeup Tabitha decided that she should venture into the shower. The shower had recently been used. It was wet. Consequently Tabitha was now wet. And so I had to change her outfit. So I did. But then I wasn't happy with what I put on her. So I had to change her again. Anyway, I finally got her dressed.

Long story short, took Angus and the girls to the party and I have never been prouder in my life. Tabitha usually takes a very long time to warm up to people, but basically as soon as we got there she got herself settled on a chair and started bopping away to the music and she was right. So I think music is the answer! Lexi, well, Lexi is Lexi. The most social creature on the face of the planet. Angus, well, he was asleep for a while and I stupidly passed him over to someone else so I could get some food and of course he woke up didn't he. Kicked myself about that one. Still, once we got home he had a bottle and went straight to sleep. And the girls didn't arc at all when it was time to go home, and both went straight to sleep.

My kids rock. That is all.

Oh, and I ate the equivalent of a small dog worth of crackling tonight and it was sensational. That, definitely, is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment