Wednesday, December 1, 2010

It's raining, it's pouring

but there ain't a soul snoring. Oh well, I guess it is 8.30am so it isn't snooze o'clock for anyone. Except possibly the old, so perhaps that's why they say the old man is snoring. There you go, just answered my own question.

My Coke fast has not yet commenced due to the fact that there still remains some of that wonderful brown fizzy goodness in the bottle in the fridge. I should have that polished off by the end of the day (the morning at this rate) though so then it is full steam ahead!!!

We had the best intentions of going out today. All three kidlets and myself. A friend very kindly volunteered to pick us up, pop the car seat into her car for Lexi and then myself, Tabitha and Angus would follow in my car. You see my car does not fit three car seats into it. So we are unable to go anywhere as a complete family unit. And yes, it does suck. Anyway, the amount of rain we have had overnight and this morning has seen my car perched on what appears to be a sandback arising from a lake. A lake whose level is constantly rising. And thus I made the executive decision that our first outing as a family (minus Mick who is working) would have to be postponed as I have not had practice in the logistical side of things in good weather let alone trying to negotiate everything in what is essentially a flooding downpour. Disappointing? Yes. Understandable? I think so.

I went out for dinner last night with a friend of mine, and no kidlets. It doesn't happen very often but when it does I revel in the time I have being a grown up. So we ordered our meals, I ordering a nice rare rib steak with mushroom sauce, my friend ordering a medium steak with Dianne sauce. When the meals were ready there was confusion. Both steaks had mushroom sauce. And looked identical. So which was the rare and which was the medium, and why did both have mushroom sauce? Ah yes, the eternal questions of life, I can see you would probably have had no sleep having been faced with a similar quandry.

Anyway, the waitress became incredibly confused, gave me some crackling (roast pork was on the menu, they had run out, and I all but begged them for some of the crackling and I think once they screwed up the meals they felt sorry for me so gave it to me so in the grand scheme of things I guess it wasn't such a bad thing) and then told the chef to remake the meals. I have realised I "talk" in very long sentences. Or very short ones. Sorry about that. Well, not really, it's the way it is. But yes, if you're getting frustrated I apologise. Although I'm not going to change so I guess I probably shouldn't apologise. So I won't. HA! Oh dear. I really haven't had enough sleep.

What was I talking about? Oh yes, the meals. They eventually arrived, again. For those of you who don't know, mushroom sauce and dianne sauce look quite similar. Save for the mushrooms. Now the first lot of meals, both steaks had mushrooms evident in the sauce. This second lot of meals neither steak had a mushroom in sight. Oh joy. Well, I ended up just tasting the sauce and it tasted like mushroom sauce, and the other one tasted horrifically garlicky so that was Dianne sauce. But no mushrooms. Kinda defeats the purpose of ordering mushroom sauce if you don't get any mushrooms.

Well I have set the girls up with a drawing pad and some crayons each. Mini dude just had a feed so is having a swing to work it off, and mummy is having a coffee with a Coke chaser. Cos I can. For now.

And so we sit here, listening to the sound of the rain on the tin roof. Ordinarily such a soothing sound. Now, in the wet season, a source of constant frustration. Will be interesting to see mr grocery delivery man try and negotiate the path to the front door......it's basically underwater..... poor bugger.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, because I know it is at the foremost part of everyone's thinking process, the ham at the deli at Woolies that is "all natural" ingredients does not taste like real ham. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment