Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Supersize me

I just watched this show. Haven't seen it? Well, basically young vegan fellow, Morgan Spurlock, decides that he is going to eat McDonalds every meal for 30 days, and if he is asked whether he wants to "Supersize" he has to say yes, but he isn't allowed to ask to be supersized, they have to ask him. Well, what happens to him over the space of the month is pretty ordinary in the grand scale of things.

And no, I haven't decided to give up KFC.

I have, however, decided to give up Coke. Yes, you read correctly. I am going to give up Coke. I have 2 litres in the fridge as we speak, minus a glass that I just had, and once that Coke is gone I have instructed Mick not to buy any more, and I'm not going to buy any more either. I will allow myself Red Bull every now and then, but the Coke she be gone.

I'm wondering if I will notice a difference? I'm thinking I'll probably need to drink a few more coffees than usual. I wonder if I will notice it on the scales? There is an obscene amount of sugar in each glass of coke.

Why have I decided to do this? I have no idea. I guess just to see if I can.

Just don't expect it to spill over into my giving up KFC. If that day arrives, look out the window and wave to the pigs flying past.

1 comment:

  1. If you decided to give up KFC, I think you would hear a collective thud across Australia as we all fell off our chairs.

    ReplyDelete