Sunday, November 21, 2010

And I wonder

still wonder, who'll stop the rain.

It is bucketing down here. Literally bucketing down. And although there is a fear that flooding will occur and to be perfectly honest it is incredibly likely, at least it is keeping the outside temperature down, which is, at this point in time, a relief. For both the girls are ill with temperatures and general malaise.

There is no adequate way to describe the wrenching heartache a mother feels when her child is ill. You just want to take the pain and bad feelings away from your child and would gladly take them on tenfold if it meant your child didn't have to suffer at all. I can not even begin to imagine how parents of seriously ill children manage to cope. But you do, as a parent, everything you can to stay strong for your child. I'm struggling with lack of sleep and seriously just wishing the girls would get better, particularly Lexi who seems to have copped a very nasty dose of the flu, but I do know that in a few days' time she will be better. Some parents don't have that, and I am just lost for words as to the admiration I have for them. Such strength. Such fortitude. Amazing.

So today and perhaps tomorrow also I will not be jumping on and off the computer and rushing around. I'll be sitting on the sofa with my baby girls lying around me, stroking their hair and telling them it'll be okay. Because it will. But until it is, my heart bleeds for my babies. I just want them well.

No comments:

Post a Comment