Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Is it wrong

to have leftover KFC for breakfast? No, I don't believe it is. If you are ever considering doing this may I suggest that the wing is the perfect breakfast piece, followed closely by the drumstick. Potato and gravy does not good breakfast food make. Nor do chips. And don't even think about coleslaw. Chicken and chicken only.

The beverage of choice for this gourmet breakfast is without a doubt Coke (and no, Pepsi will just not do), with a coffee chaser. Followed by a glass of water, or, if you feel the need, another Coke. All these beverage choices are in fact negated if you have access to Red Bull, in which case it takes firm precedence over every other bevvie.

I love Red Bull. Probably too much, but I love it. Mick goes to go to the shop the other day and asks me if we need anything. Lexi is standing right there and says "mummy's juice". Mick asks me what she's talking about. I tell him that she is referring to Red Bull. Yes, that's right, my 2 year old calls Red Bull "mummy's juice". I feel shame. Well, I don't really, I actually think it's pretty funny. She does rock.

The latest thing we have discovered is ice. Ice in drinks to be more precise. This was discovered when I forgot to put the Coke in the fridge but needed a caffeine hit. So out came the ice. And now when Lexi asks for a drink she asks for ice. I think she likes the clinky sound it makes against the cup too, not to mention the fact that it keeps her drink refreshingly cold, although she would, if given the chance, drink liquids that had been sitting there for hours, so that probably doesn't play a huge part.

I must flee now....Tabitha has a hold of the swing on which Angus is sitting and is looking at me with a "I'm not going to do anything mum, I promise" kind of look. The kind of look that instantly makes you know she's going to do something.

And away I go.......

No comments:

Post a Comment