Friday, November 19, 2010

And she says baby

it's 3am I must be lonely. Angus woke up at 3am for a feed, I looked at the clock, saw the time, and Rob Thomas infected my brain and has not left since. I guess it's better than Dora. Or that Justine Clarke.

I'm not sure if I have expressed my feelings about Justine Clarke yet so, just to be on the safe side, I shall give you a brief rundown. Did you ever see the episode of Seinfeld where every time Kramer hears the voice of the chick from the morning TV show he has a seizure?? Well, it's kinda like that with me and Justine Clarke. Now don't get me wrong, the girls love her on both Play School and those little snippet things that Nick Jr puts between the programs. However I find her voice has much the same affect as, hmm, let me see, running your fingernails down a blackboard, um, shoving a knitting needle through your ear, something like that. I do not know why I have such an aversion to her, there's just something about her voice and her mannerisms that really get my goat. And what does that mean?? where did that come from? Get my goat. I find some of those little sayings absolutely hilarious. "You'll be laughing on the other side of your face". Yep. Some bright spark made that one up.

Now after the fully clothed bathing incident last night mini chick surprised me yet again with her words when she repeated "all clean now" after me. She is quite astounding. We can now add such words as muffin, puppy, baby and the like to her vocabulary, and when she leaned against the flip top lid of the rubbish bin and ended up in it, once I had settled her down and said poor bubby she continued repeating this in a melancholy tone for the next five minutes. And she pronounces these words correctly. It is truly astounding. It isn't an exaggeration to state that she actually pronounces many words better than Lexi.

Okay so what's on for today? My first delivery of online grocery shopping! That is of course if the truck can get through because we have had quite a bit of rain and the ground is less than solid. Mick actually mentioned that the last time we had this much rain was the day I went into labour with Angus. It had been bucketing down all night and Mick literally had to wade out through the paddocks to feed some of the mares in foal. When I was going out to the car, in labour, the ground was so soft that my feet literally sunk into it. It was that bad that when I dropped the girls off at a friend's place on the way to the hospital I washed my feet while I was there. As you do. She mentioned that I was awfully calm. I reminded her that I had already had three labours that pregnancy so this was just another, but that story is for another time :)

A bug just flew at my head and I said, out loud, "oh that bug is going to do my head in". Lexi runs off, to the cupboard, grabs the flyspray, comes running back with it and says "there you go mum." What a good girl. What's better? I spray the bug and Lexi says "good shot mum". She, and the others, do rock.

Looks like my coffee will be going cold as young Mr Angus has decided it is time for him to awaken. He was up at 5 as well as 3. Perhaps he is a little more peckish than usual today.

Until later, may the day be one of joy and minimal nagging.

No comments:

Post a Comment