Thursday, November 11, 2010

Some days you just have to laugh...

because if you don't, well, who knows what you'll end up doing.

Today has been a weird one. Very very weird one. Well, not really that weird, but funny anyway. I've been somewhat lacking in motivation the last few days as the miniature one has been remaining in a more alert state of semi sleep than not, and wanting cuddles and food on a fairly regular basis. Part of the job, I'm cool with that.

The girls have been talking amongst themselves a lot. About what, I have absolutely no idea. Lexi has taken to repeating basically everything she hears. And I mean everything. So one needs to be veeeery very careful. And last night in the bath she told me to "go away". Hmmm.

On father's day I told her to go and say "happy father's day" to Mick. It came out "happy day". And it has been "happy day mummy", "happy day Tab Tab", "happy day room", "happy day car" ever since. She also helps me make egg and bacon pies, and they are "eggy pie" rather than egg and bacon pie. Very cute.

Tabitha has started copying things you say as well. Yesterday I responded to a smarty comment from the lovely Mick with a hasty "shut up" and Tabitha promptly also told him to shut up. Oops.

And this morning she is running around the house reminiscent of Lexi, only Tabitha's version of "happy day" appears to be a combination.... so Tabitha is saying "happy pie" to everything and everyone. As you do.

And why I am laughing where I should be ripping my hair out is Lexi. Standing beside Angus's cot, while he is supposed to be sleeping, yelling "maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate" at him over and over.

Ah dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment