Sunday, November 14, 2010

Isn't it always the way?

You need milk so you think I'll just pop down the shops. While I'm there I'll check out Target and see if I can get anything organised there. So you're at Target and you get a few things for the kids for Christmas with the intention of laybying them. So around to layby you go, loaded up to the hilt with boxes, and you get there and the line goes around the corner.

Okay, so let's rethink that plan. May aswell just get them now and put them in the cupboard. So off to the checkout we go, grab a few pairs of girls leggings on the way. Once at the checkout young Bronte has a little difficulty. She'd be at least 15 I reckon. At least. Surely. Anyway, the leggings scan at the higher price so I tell her this. She doesn't believe me. She says "I can call someone if you want though". Um, yes, please, that would be good thank you. So she keeps scanning. More things scan wrong. Fabulous. This is getting better. She is getting annoyed with me. SHE is getting annoyed with ME! As though I was the one who made them scan wrong!!!!!! Hmph. Anyway, 15 minutes later (yes, you read correctly, I did say 15 minutes) she finally works out that they are in fact on special, a smile as fake as Barbie's pops on the child's face and she apologises. Yep. When yet another item scanned incorrectly (unless I was buying Angus a soccer ball, which I really don't think I was, even though he may want to play soccer in the future I think 7 weeks is perhaps a touch young to start....I'm no soccer mum.....) I told her not to bother, just ring it up because I have to get home to cook dinner for the kids (this was at 2pm mind you, but I wanted her to understand that I thought it was taking a touch long).

Blah. So yes, went to the supermarket next, and it is completely not my fault that I forgot milk. I mean, who puts asparagus at the front entrance for 88c a bunch!! That's unheard of!! See I love asparagus and it is usually so expensive, so I became rather excited to see the special and spent the next few minutes picking out the choicest bunches, thinking about how wonderful they were going to taste. It was really all downhill from there. Once I get distracted there's truly no going back. So I got chicken, strawberry topping, something from the frozen aisle, I have no idea what, and 8 litres of Coke. And no milk. Which I discovered once I got home.

Ah well, Lexi and I went to the servo and got some. 4 litres for $5. Bargain. And two outings in one day. What more could you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment