Friday, November 12, 2010

Fruit is evil

Apricots are furry. Peaches are fuzzy. Apples remind me of oasis, that green stuff in which you arrange flowers. Kind of like meringue. Which I also don't do. Pears are gritty. Strawberries are bitty. Bananas are just plain wrong. So, I don't eat fruit. Unless of course it is in muffin form, in which case I'll eat it until the cows come home, but something tells me it loses some of the natural goodness when you muffinize it. I may be wrong, just a hunch.

Bearing my dislike of fruit in mind there is one fruit that gets my tick of approval. And it isn't just the fruit, it is the fruit and the region. Bowen mangoes. If you have never had one you simply must. I still have a small issue - I can't stand the pip....and seeing people sucking on a mango pip literally makes me cringe (and in fact I am sitting here cringing as I type, that's how bad it is). However the flesh itself is magnificent. Sensational. Amazing.

So I have a bucketload, literally, sitting on the bench, and now to work out how to use them...... Avocado, bacon and mango salad is the first port of call. Mango salsa? Hmmmm. Smoothie, minus the milky stuff, so maybe a frappe thingy?? Oh yes, my mind is going ten to the dozen! Actually I might google.....in this situation google is not the devil (as it is in many cases, usually medical in nature), but google is a wizard, providing seemingly infinite recipes and ideas on how to use my newly obtained plethora of mangoes.

I'm salivating. And I had KFC for lunch. What a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment