Thursday, November 11, 2010

Dora Dora Dora the Explorer

Boots and super cool explorer Dora.......

This little chick has a lot to answer for. For those of you who are not familiar with her, she is a little girlie cartoon with dark hair whose best friend is a monkey. And no, I don't mean Michael Jackson.

She is an "explorer". With her monkey they gallivant all over the countryside (which is in fact inside a computer, don't worry, it's complicated) in order to find stars, avoid trolls, and catch up with relatives having babies.

Now Dora is highly regarded as being very educational. Some people have said that they learned Spanish (or conversely Spanish folks have been able to learn English) through watching Dora, adults and kids alike. I must admit also it is quite funny to see a one year old and a two year old standing in front of the tv screaming ARBRE!!! in order to open the cartoon door so Dora can get to the giant chicken, or whatever it is she is attempting to reach.

However, and it is a rather large however, I don't think there is any more annoying a cartoon on the face of the planet. I believe the creator of Dora has some issues insofar as her childhood is concerned. I think the creator obviously had difficulty being heard, and thus has attempted to make sure this doesn't happen for Dora. This is the only explanation I can come up with as to why Dora screams all the time. And with such a whiny tone.

Another thing I have a problem with is the fact that her parents firstly allow her to spend so much time with a monkey, and secondly allow her to roam the countryside, accompanied only by three midget slugs with instruments and said monkey, with nothing more than a backpack, backpack, to provide her things she needs. I do hope there's a can of pepper spray in that backpack cos one day the troll ain't gonna be so friendly Dora.

Anyway, you get the gist, I'm not impressed with Dora. It seems Angus isn't either cos I left him in the playswing in front of it so I could quickly chugalug some "mummy's juice" and jump on here, and he is arcing. I would too. Poor little bugger, there's no escape for him.

Hopefully the show will be finished soon and we'll be onto something better. I'm not holding my breath though....

No comments:

Post a Comment