Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Marshmallows

If you ask your children what they would like for lunch, be prepared for the answer to be marshmallows, followed closely by cereal when you tell them they can not have the requested marshmallows. They didn't get either. Nor did they get the red jelly (unmade still in the packet) that was the other request. They got banana, apple and mango. It's a pretty hot day today and I think that's a fairly nice refreshing lunch. They appear to agree as the fruit is rapidly disappearing from their plates.

I have 2 assignments due on the same day in about three weeks time. You'd think that the subjects would talk amongst themselves (well, the lecturers anyway, subjects are unlikely to talk) and work out a staggered rate at which assignments may be submitted. But no, that would be logical wouldn't it? So I have three assignments for each subject, and each assignment is due on the same day or within one or two days of the other subject. I'm ecstatic. Truly. Can you sense my enthusiasm?

Much as I haven't actually started either of these assignments I have requested the required books from the library and downloaded a few bits and pieces off the internet. Hopefully the books will arrive by the end of the week giving me a few weeks to utilise them, and the articles, well, I can start the assignments by using those.

Tabitha said tortilla this morning. Random? Not particularly. Lexi and I were looking through a recipe book trying to work out what to add to the shopping list that we can make together for meals and so I was just reading the recipe titles out loud as I went and Lexi was repeating them. Every now and then Tabitha would repeat them also. So we had stereo versions of dip, chips, bread, squid, and, surprisingly, tortilla. Shopping list has been duly amended and I must say I'm quite looking forward to making some gyoza after the shopping has in fact been done. Gyoza are like posh dim sims. Japanese in origin I do believe, utilizing pork mince and coriander and a few other things, and my word are they tasty. I could eat a dozen. I have done so in the past actually. So yes, when I make these up with Lexi at the end of the week I'll have to make sure we make enough to satiate my large gyoza appetite.

Dramatics have now begun....Lexi is reaching for her plate but can't reach it (it is a good 5 or 6 cm in front of her so it is quite obvious that her arms have lost all feeling or have shrunk dramatically). The groans and grunts of pain and frustration at not being able to reach accompany this. I stand corrected, she is now leaning with her head on the seat. Fun times fun times.

For now I shall go and remove the mango from Tabitha's hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment