Monday, November 15, 2010

All I want for Christmas

is a good night's sleep. Angus went to bed at around 6, the girls at around 7. Angus woke up at 1am for a feed, so not bad, that's a 7 hour stretch. The problem began when Tabitha woke up at around 1.30am. She was not a happy little chicklet. Poor baby is having a heck of a time with these big teeth coming through, and she'll sit and pull her hair and tug her ears. It must have been bad last night because she actually took the Nurofen, which up until now she has never done.

You'll hear mums say that you should never rock your baby to sleep or pat your baby to sleep because they'll get used to it. My philosophy is do whatever it is you need to do to get your baby to sleep. Full stop. If it works and you are happy with that then screw the "experts", let them be the ones to listen to a crying baby for two hours and see if they'll change their tune.

So I cuddled Tabitha for some time, laid her down and stroked her hair and stayed with her until she fell asleep, then I snuck out. During this time Angus awoke with a bubble in his belly so I had both kids going, which is never fun. In daylight hours it is doable, at night it's just frustrating, and annoying, and makes you want to rip your hair out and repeat over and over "please just go to sleep". It's surprising more mothers aren't insane to be honest.

Tabitha finally settled around 3 or so, then Angus was up again at about 4.15am, back down around 5, Lexi up around 5.45am. Days like today are not easy for the simple reason that they follow nights like last night.

But there is a silver lining. There are 2 cans of Red bull and 8 litres of coke in the fridge. Actually I guess you'd call that an aluminium lining......

I'm feeling decidely hungry with no idea what to eat. I'll be making some bread this morning in my super dooper breadmaker. Nothing spectacular, just plain ole white bread, but yum. I do love it, and am very glad it is a feature in the kitchen these days.

I have quite a few kitcheny gadgets. I love them. I do love to cook and I love all the bits and bobs you can get to help this. That said I don't have some of the common items like a mixmaster. I do have my slow cooker (which is a MUST for all mums) and my pressure cooker (like a slow cooker on speed really), milkshake maker (I don't drink milk but the rest of the mob love it), and a few others. The one thing I still don't have but will one day is a fairy floss maker. There is no situation in which you can actually justify the purchase of a fairy floss maker. I could justify the breadmaker because "if we run out of bread" kinda thing.  You get the drift.

So I'm still thinking of ways to justify it. I reckon that by having the three kids I can almost make it that way.... three kids, three birthday parties, fairy floss would be great to have at the parties.... well, it's a long shot but I am tired so I'm willing to let myself slide on this one. Guess I'd best have a look on the net and see how much they are.....

No comments:

Post a Comment