Tuesday, November 23, 2010

It is quite disturbing

when you can smell vomit but there appears to be no earthly link between the smell of said vomit and its actual reality. I will no doubt turn the place upside down trying to find the source of said vomit also, however I don't like my chances. I think perhaps it is one of those "poltergeist" vomits....the haze appears randomly, appears only to specific individuals (in this case me), stays only long enough to disturb them (which it has duly done) and then retreats back into the depths of nothingness from whence it came. That's my theory anyway.

Mini chicks are much better now, thanks for asking. Was not good the few days we had with soaring and plummeting fevers. Lexi is really comparatively a very good sick child if that makes sense. She just wants cuddles and to rest. Tabitha on the other hand suffers through sickness much the same way men get "man flu". She is like a bear with a sore head, and there is no person within cooee of her that is not aware she is ill. And clingy. Very very clingy. To the point that the other nights I was literally almost stuck to her for close on three hours, simply because she just wanted to be held. This was made slightly difficult by the fact that she is quite heavy, but you do what you have to do. She is my baby, that made her feel better, and that was my sole intention, to make her feel better.

Mini dude got his vaccinations yesterday. Such a horrid sound to hear them scream when the needle goes in. I actually found myself settling him by saying "It's for the greater good" of all things. Because it is when you think about it. Seconds of pain and confusion as to why someone is stabbing him full of whatnot, compared to what could be an incredibly nasty bout of whatever illness the vaccinations contain protection against.

Might make an egg and bacon pie today. Then again I might not. I'm feeling as though my cooking is stagnating somewhat (metaphorically, not actually, stagnating food sounds pretty ordinary, perhaps I should have chosen a better word). I think I might bash the google button on the internet machine today and see what little recipes I can find......

For now, I'm sleuthing like nobody's business. And I will find this vomit.....mark my words......

No comments:

Post a Comment