Sunday, December 12, 2010

How do we get

different sized chicken eggs. Does the size of the chicken determine how large the egg is? Or can one chicken lay a 50g egg one day and 70g egg the next? Is it the same as women having babies....you never know what you're going to get? I was thinking that as I was looking at some free range eggs, where of course they aren't sorted into sizes. Some were enormous, some were small. I do realise that there are a few different sorts of chickens in there, but it does make you wonder. Well, it makes me wonder anyway. I get some odd thoughts sometimes. Often actually. At least my life is never dull.

We baked this morning. Made some chocolate christmas tree shaped cakes. I have no idea what possessed me to fill the cake segments up to the brim, but for some reason I did that and thus I have very high shaped christmas tree cakes. And no green food dye. I wonder if you can buy food dye at the local shop or if I'd have to go into town to get it. The only other alternative is to ice them with white icing or red icing. I'll have to think about it. It would be nice to do the green, then I could do the leafy kind of look on them, and I have those little bauble things too so I could pop those on as decorations.

I'm making popcorn chicken for lunch today. It isn't as good as KFC, but it is better than the McDonalds try hard version of popcorn chicken, which I tried the other day and I must say I was quite disappointed with. Then again I probably shouldn't have had any expectation because coming from McDonalds and not KFC there was always going to be a problem with it having to live up to the high standards set by my hero Colonel Sanders.

KFC make gift vouchers now. I will be truly devastated if I don't get one for Christmas. And a bottle of Praise Ranch Dressing. Full fat. None of that fat free rubbish. I made the mistake of accidentally getting the fat free one last time I went shopping. Very very bad mistake. It is nothing like ranch dressing. Ranch dressing needs fat. 99% more fat than is in the fat free one.

I'm a bit tired today, although I did get a hunkachunka sleep last night. Angus didn't wake up until 4.45am which is sensational. Tabitha awoke early again but I just let her chill on the cot for a bit before getting her up. She was fine with that. She usually tells me rather vocally if she is unhappy being in there.

Tabitha has decided that everything is rubbish today. Everything, and I mean everything, is going in the bin. So far I have rescued bibs, hair clips, tea towels and more from the bin. Lexi has decided she needs to wash her hands. All the time. I think it's because now she can actually reach the tap and turn it on and off.

I'm in a bit of a cooking mood. I'll have to bash the google button a bit and see what I can find to make. Early lunch today though....hankering for that popcorn chicken......

No comments:

Post a Comment