Monday, December 6, 2010

Now I know

how the witch in the Wizard of Oz felt when Dorothy chucked that bucket of water over her. I'm meeeeeeelting I'm meeeeeeeeeelting. Now correct me if I'm wrong here, but don't you think it's just a little bit stupid to leave an open bucket of something that has the power to melt you right in the grasp of someone who really doesn't like you? I never understood that about the wizard of Oz. It would be like Scarecrow readily offering anyone who has a bad word to say about him a box of matches and singing "come on baby light my fire". Just doesn't make sense.

I'm seriously having trouble dealing with this heat. It's times like this I just want to be back in Victoria, where even though you know you'll get extremes of heat, there isn't the oppressive nature that the heat has up here. 98% humidity at 3am. Ridiculous.

Tabitha doesn't want to sleep today. She is grumbly and restless. Lexi has gone down the street with Mick and Angus is in his swing having a chill. I have tried to do some of my second essay and failed miserably because, as I believe I may have mentioned, I'm just about to keel over from this ruddy heat.

I gave mini chick a little container of mini marshmallows before. Just  cos. She was grumpy and I figure mini food always cheers me up so she might be the same. I had intended to use them in cooking, but with the day it is today there is no way on this earth that I will be going anywhere near the stove.

I had a point when I came on. Oh yes, that's it. I have gone 6 days without Coke and I have a headache. So I am getting Coke. I've done pretty well, I managed to go without it for nearly a week, and it didn't do me any harm. I have not lost any weight, nor do I feel a great deal better for it, however I have saved myself a bit of money. That's something I guess. I don't plan on launching straight back into how much I used to drink, but I figure if I have it in moderation then nobody gets hurt. So that's what I'm going to do. As you do.

I had best away, Tabitha has decided Angus should not be swinging anymore so has grabbed the swing and made it into merely a hanging chair. Angus looks less than impressed. Poor little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment