Friday, February 4, 2011

I'm sitting here

in a tiny little room with the computer on the table, plugged in to the wall and Angus is lying on the flor beside me playing with some library books while the girls are happily watching, you guessed it, Play School. I hang out for this time of day, I really do. It's half an hour of peace, except if Angus is crying.

It's pretty damn hot again today I must say. I wasn't quite expecting it as last night it started to get cooler and I just figured it would follow that path. Still not used to Victorian weather.

I just made THE most successful dinner ever. Both girls basically inhaled it. Tabitha did a magnificent job of maneuvring her fork too. She has been trying to feed herself for quite some time. It started out with a spoon, then when she saw Lexi had a fork she wanted one too. Who am I to stand in the way of progress, so I gave her one. Well, now she uses it almost as well as Lexi and I am massively impressed. So they cleaned up their chicken wings (BBQ plum marinaded) which were served with a partially healthy side of cabbage and bacon. I only made cabbage and bacon because I have heard people talk about it on that many occasions and tonight I found myself in the situation where I had both cabbage and bacon in the fridge and I thought bugger it, I'm gonna try it. So I did. It rocks. It will be tried again.

I'm doing my essay tonight. Just you watch. I will make a valiant effort at a decent start. I don't know which of the two it will be, but it will be one of them. Actually I think I might start the one I haven't started yet. Still need to do all the research for it and request the relevant books from the library, so methinks that is tonight's job. And I might play a game of poker. Just for the hell of it.

Last night I watched Idol which was fine, but the thing is I wasn't expecting it to be on the tv. Not the tv full stop but the tv I was watching. I was actually intending on watching one of the crappiest reality tv shows ever, entitled "The world's next great baker" or something equally clever. It is hosted by Buddy whoeverheis from Cake Boss and is possibly the most grammatically incorrect show I have ever watched. But it's still a cooking show and I love them so what can you do.

The half hour is drawing to a close and Angus is cheekily grinning at me as if to say "mum....you know what I want don't you......". And yes, I do. So I'd better go feed him. Toodle pip for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment