Wednesday, February 16, 2011

You know that feeling you get

when you can't stop smiling and you end up with sore cheeks and cheekbones and your forehead feels as though it has developed a billion more wrinkles and your gums almost tingle? I've got that :)

We moved today. Yes, there were a few minor hiccups, not the least of which was the fact that there was no power when we got here. After half an hour on the phone with the power company, my temper unfortunately got the better of me and I said to them "if my power is not on by today I will personally come down there and rip you all a new asshole". I think that probably just about sums up the stress levels.

The power was on within a few hours. Hmmm.

I don't have a fridge yet. Few little hiccups organising that but it will arrive tomorrow hurrah!

Furniture is here. Sort of. Well, in my little dream thought process of when we moved I envisaged the delivery men arriving with my furniture and setting it up there and there and there and me saying "oh no, over there please" but um, well, no. Flat pack. All the way. Devastation in my eyes? Yes. Why? No screwdrivers. Or drills. If, however, you need an Allen key, I'm your girl.

I could not possibly have got through the day without the help of a friend. A new friend. But such an amazing friend. I can not believe how much she has done to help me in such a short space of time and I am so very very grateful. And another new friend brought us KFC for lunch. What a day.

I didn't put Tabitha down for a nap today. Nope. It was sort of planned, partially because things were just too hectic and there were 7 kids here, but also because it is her first night in a big bed tonight and I thought perhaps if she was absolutely knackered that might go a bit better. All the kids are asleep now, and things are going okay thus far. Lexi has woken up twice, but I am putting that down to the bump on the head she got the other night. Hopefully she will settle down soon too.

I'm sitting here drinking a glass of red and wondering what to tackle next. I made the executive decision to put everything in the garage. Except the furniture of course. But I figure if it is all in the garage I can attack it bit by bit and the house won't get messy. That was the theory. Just remember though that when you put the kids into the bath that theory is wonderfully impractical when you realise that somewhere in the mass of boxes and bags in the garage are the pyjamas the kids will need to wear to bed. I found them. Eventually.

So tonight is going to be a bit of a potter along semi relax kind of chillish night. I am absorbing the new place and the new environment and the new sounds that come with it and just basically thinking to myself. It's nice. I'm very happy. The situation isn't 100% perfect, but when is it ever? The house however I think is fabulous. It truly is. And the kids love it. AND the carpet is heavy duty. Rock on.

Now if only I can work out how to use the dishwasher I'll be set.......

No comments:

Post a Comment