Friday, February 4, 2011

So technically

if you look at the nuts and bolts of it, I have in fact started. I did my mega library search online last night and requested a bazillion books for this assignment so hopefully they'll arrive soon. And I also found a few articles. All things go.

This morning the girls were trying to outfart each other. All I can say is thank god they had nappies on because there was real effort going into some of them, and a shart was almost inevitable. Angus joined in by blowing raspberries. Ah yes, the joys of motherhood.

I had plans for the day that are now no longer because what I assumed was going to be the situation is not the situation and thus I am left with a different situation which is not that which I thought would occur. Stupid to assume stuff, I think I've mentioned that before.

I had bruschetta for breakfast this morning. Well, povvo bruschetta. Tomatoes, diced spanish onion on toast with a splash of balsamic and olive oil. It was actually pretty good. I didn't however really think it through because now all I can taste is onion, and onion first thing in the morning is not really ideal, particularly when you don't have any red bull. Why that is the case I don't know but I feel like a red bull now. Did you know that if your breath smells like garlic and you eat parsley it will counteract the smell? That's my useless fact for the day. And if you learn something every day, and you didn't know this particular fact, you have now learned your thing for the day, so you don't need to pay attention anymore.

Angus has been trying to eat his swing. I'm thinking teething is happening. Either that or he is displaying talents that may see him team up with Stevie Starr in the future. Who knows. I'm still waiting for the remainder of Tabitha's teeth to show up.

Lexi fell out of bed several times again last night. Reeeally need to get her into a proper bed with guard rail, so I'm trying to rush this whole rental business thing through. I would love to be able to get settled sooner rather than later.

Play school is on, that's why I'm able to blog now. The girls love Play School. I love it too. Educational, gets them up and dancing and doing actions, and it gives me half an hour to do whatever I want. That's gotta be good. Even better if Angus is asleep, which he currently is, sitting in the swing as it plays the mockingbird song. And if that mocking bird don't sing, mumma's gonna buy you a diamond ring. Apparently that song goes for ages and there are heaps of verses. I can never remember past the diamond ring thing. I might google it.

Ok so due the wonders of time lapse photography (or in this case me looking while not typing) I bring you the lyrics to the mocking bird rhyme.


Hush, little baby, don't say a word,
Mama's gonna buy you a mockingbird.
If that mockingbird don't sing,
Mama's gonna buy you a diamond ring.
If that diamond ring turns brass,
Mama's gonna buy you a looking glass.
If that looking glass gets broke,
Mama's gonna buy you a billy goat.
If that billy goat won't pull,
Mama's gonna buy you a cart and bull.
If that cart and bull turn over,
Mama's gonna buy you a dog named Rover.
If that dog named Rover won't bark.
Mama's gonna buy you a horse and cart.
If that horse and cart fall down,
You'll still be the sweetest little baby in town.
So hush little baby don't you cry,
'Cause Daddy loves you and so do I.

And now you have learned two things today, so that frees up your tomorrow. Oh yeah. That's the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment