Thursday, February 10, 2011

Oh. My. God.

Don't you hate it when you see posts like that on forums, with no further information but the statement Oh. My. God. ?? Well, in this case I'm sorry but it is justified. For today I went to Ikea. I am now no longer an Ikea virgin. And I can tell you, judging by my experience today I could quite easily become an Ikea junkie (which is not of the same verbal example but I don't really fancy being referred to as an Ikea whore, so junkie it is).

I don't really know what I was expecting. People had been saying for such a long time how wonderful it was and how cheap and how this and how that. But it's like having a child. Until you have one of your own you just don't understand. I now understand.

Needless to say I am going back next week. I must go back next week. I managed to get out today with only 2 frypans, 3 saucepans, a broom, 6 drinking glasses, 5 kids plates, 5 kids bowls, 5 kids cups, a pair of scissors, a doormat, a massive drying rack, cutlery setting for 8, a salad spinner, 2 hot dogs, 3 donuts and a big M and spent under $100. As I said earlier - Oh. My. God.

I'm going back. And next time I'm not taking the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment