Thursday, February 17, 2011

Memory card full

That's what my camera had the cheek to say to me today. It holds 520 pictures. I last loaded pictures on to the computer on the 31st of January. So that means that in 17 days I have taken 520 pictures. 30 a day. That's pretty impressive. So I was forced to delete some from the memory card in order that I could take a photograph of that which had prompted me to grab the camera in the first place.

Now I'll give you a little bit of background to this photograph. Or you could just read the last blog entry. Tabitha had her first night in a big bed last night. She did well but was up quite a few times, and up for the day at 6.15 this morning. All fine and well. Went to put her down for a day time nap in the big bed. Um, nup. Not happening.

I must say the feeling I experienced was not dissimilar to the feeling you get when you are juuuust about at the top of the hill on a roller coaster, just before it goes hurtling down at speeds that leave your stomach well behind. For when Lexi went into the big bed, the day of this occurrence was the last day we saw her have a daytime sleep.

I am not ready for Tabitha to not have a sleep in the day. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

So I tried to put her down for a nap, and it was only a few minutes (during which time we could hear her happily talking away to Julia) before she surfaced from her room with a big grin on her face. She has discovered she can get down all by herself and she is chuffed about it. So I asked her if she wanted to go and have a sleep and I got a very firm "no". Oh. Crap. Please no. I'm seriously not ready. Seriously not ready for this.

But what can you do? You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. So she was up. And Angus was nearly asleep. So Lexi and I popped up to Kmart while mum looked after mini chick and mini dude, and Lexi and I perused the sale items to see if we could get some important additions to the house. Additions? Well, not really additions. Necessities more like. Coat hangers. We bought coat hangers. Dozens of coat hangers. And when I went to the chick who worked there to ask where they lived I could not for the life of me remember what they were called. I asked "do you sell clothes hangers?". And she replied "do you mean coat hangers?" And I replied "Um, yes, sorry, I forgot what they were called." Well, if ever you want to know what look people give you when they think you are the dumbest person on the face of the planet, tell someone you can't remember what coat hangers are called. Then you'll see. I felt so special. Like really special. Like cork on the end of a fork special. But I got my "clothes hangers".

The fridge and washer and dryer were getting delivered today. I say were because they were, but it makes it sound like they didn't arrive when in fact they did. Now I had many different phone conversations with the company from whom I rent these items (funnily enough rentals is in their name, and something about a wireless.....). Now, I am the first to complain if something isn't right because I believe that things need to be done competently, to the best of the ability of the person or persons doing that thing. However I am also the first to give praise where praise is due, and my word praise is due. The chick I spoke with did a miraculous job of finding me some fabulous items at a sensational price, delivered only the day after I moved in here with the kidlets. I'm actually going to write the powers that be a letter and cc this chick so she knows. I'm massively impressed. Massively. And with my real estate agent too. Seriously so very impressed.

Anyway, I did have a point. What it was has, yet again, escaped me. But I'll leave you with the photo that had to be taken. And you should then understand the earlier discussion. Toodle-oo.

1 comment:

  1. AWWWW...worth deleting some pics to get that one!
    I have a pic along those lines. T had just moved into her 'big girl bed' and woudn't nap...I found her asleep in a pile of laundry I had freshly collected from the clothes line and dumped on a lounge chair ready to be folded.

    Glad all is well in the new, new house & the big bed. Will have to catch up soon! :)

    ReplyDelete