Saturday, February 12, 2011

In four days

we move. And I can honestly say I am almost beside myself with excitement. The place we are moving to is a brilliant house, has a great yard, spacious inside, close to heaps of things and is basically everything I could want. And for a rental property it is amazing that it checks all the boxes. I even did a drive by today.... caught up with some more of the kids cousins not far from the house so thought the opportunity was too good not to just swing past and have a look see. I am so glad I did too, for I was able to see that the owners had completed the fencing such that the sides of the house are now completely enclosed, which means it is a 100% entirely kid friendly and safe (as well as dog friendly and safe) property. Brilliant.

The only problem is that time has apparently decided to go at half speed, if not less. Since I was given the all clear that the place was ours time has dragged like nobody's business. Every day feels like a week. Every night feels like a month. The latter is probably because all the kids are still sick and waking up a bazillion times a night. And Angus. Well. I don't know where to start. He has taken to waking in the middle of the night and remaining that way, very vocally, for quite some time. I do believe it is his quest to drive me even more insane, for when he wakes in the morning after however much sleep I didn't get he looks at me with adoring eyes that smile and a cheeky little grin as if to say "wasn't that fun mummy?". Cheeky little monkey.

And now he is squawking like a parrot that has swallowed a galah so I guess I should get back to feeding him.

I will leave you with a lesson for the day (or shall I say night). When sitting feeding your child in darkness, a light "walking" touch feeling against your arm may not be the spider you fear it is, it may simply be your child's fingers. Reacting as though it were a spider will ensure that your child stays up and remains that way, vocally, for some time. And there endeth the lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment